We are always keen for motivated people to come and work with us. COMMA includes researchers from many different disciplines, from engineering and mathematics to music and acoustics. We are part of the world-leading Centre for Digital Music and enjoy collaborations with departments across QMUL, including Cognitive Science, Music Cognition, Advanced Robotics, and Maths. We are located in Mile End in East London, with excellent transport links and an active campus.
If you are interested in joining us, please reach out with a CV and short proposal. Projects should address psychologically or technologically relevant questions in communication acoustics, digital music, or social interaction.
Postdoc funding sources include:
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
- Newton International Fellowships
- putting together a UKRI grant with you as a named researcher co-investigator
- national sources of funding (e.g., Swiss NSF, Fondation Fyssen, DAAD)
PhD funding is available through multiple schemes. These include:
- C4DM hosts the UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in AI and Music (AIM), which will offer 12+ fully funded PhD studentships for September 2023 start. Application deadline is in January 2023. Available to UK residents and EU/overseas nationals.
- We support applicants funded by national schemes, e.g., China Scholarship Council, CONACyT (Mexico), COLFUTURO (Colombia). More schemes are listed on QMUL’s website. Application deadlines may vary across schemes.
- We support applicants funded by The London Arts & Humanities Partnership (LAHP).
In some occasions we accept self-funded PhD researchers.
- The AIM CDT welcomes applicants that are self-funded or sponsored through a national scheme.
- C4DM also hosts the PhD in Media and Arts Technology (MAT) programme. MAT does not provide funding but welcomes applicants that are self-funded or sponsored through a national scheme or LAHP.
There are a number of masters programmes at the School of EECS relevant to our lab’s work. If you are interested in conducting your masters research under the supervision of a COMMA member, please reach out by email.